Thursday, September 15, 2011

I am currently writing this to you in a restaurant called Chili Mili’s. There is a bowl of ‘potato soup’ to my right and a regular coke in a bottle that cost me 5 dollars. Oh and another thing, I’m sick. I think I have one of the worst colds I’ve ever gotten here. I got the regular coke because it reminds me of home when my mom used to give me coke to make me feel better. I have potato soup because I need something warm. Too bad my mouth is raw from sucking on cough drops, because I can’t taste anything well and warm soup feels like a million degrees to me right now.

I’m positive I got sick from being at one of the hostels on our study tour. Which was great, one of the best trips ever, but I still brought back crap. Oh well, at least I think it’s just a cold. Nasty cold.

I won’t lie when I say that it was a CHALLENGE for me to get into Copenhagen today. I skipped my first class but had to come in for a test and a presentation. WORST SICKNESS TIMING EVER. I constantly feel like I’m gonna pass out… and you know that really annoying person coughing all the time and disrupting everything? Yeah. That’s me. Hey everyone. I think my professors would have been nice ad understanding here, but I am too damn stubborn to stay at home all day and skip a test and presentation. Good thing one of my classes is at the hospital, at least if I die I’m covered on the bringing me back to life part. SO, if I can just make it for a few more hours I’ll be ok and hopefully Claus can pick up my body at the Hillerød train station.

Speaking of sick, Amelia is too. Yesterday we had a dandy time at home. Tried to go into town on the bus, failed at that. We ended up watching Mean Girls instead. Which was pretty great. Claus is also injured, I think he has a piece of metal or something in his eye (he works on cars). So last night he couldn’t take it anymore and went to the hospital. 3 out of 6 in the fam fam, BROKEN.

Despite my inability to hear anything, class didn’t go too bad today. My Renewable Energy Systems teacher looked saddened by my coughing… he’s a nice guy. He also gave us apples today because we had a test. And the soup tastes like butter, which actually is pretty good. I think it might taste a little more like potatoes, but my taste buds are currently messed upppp.

I want to try and find a pharmacy today to get cough medicine so both my family and I can get some rest. I’m sure my hacking is heard throughout the house. Nyquil has been working at night, really well. But I can’t take that in the daytime so I’ve been suffering through it.

However, I won’t let this cold defeat me! Tomorrow Helle, Claus, Bo, Zack and I are going to a concert and EATING OUT (FOR REALLLL!!!). I WILL HAVE A GOOD TIME AND ENJOY IT. Tonight I’ll just pass out and hopefully wake up feeling a lot better.

Yeah this was a fun rambling blog. Hope you enjoyed my bitching. Let’s call the WAHHHHmbulence.

I’ll be fine I promise, now, to the pharmacy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment